THE WHY OF CLIMBING
There are a countless whys behind climbing. Some people climb to stay in shape for the outdoors, while others are drawn to the super varied and diverse workout climbing provides. Many people climb for the social atmosphere and the awesome active-lifestyle community that exists among climbers. Whatever your why, Mesa Rim has you covered!
Our indoor climbing terrain is tall and massive, providing an expansive canvas to attach climbing holds that can be infinitely rearranged into specific routes to create ever-changing indoor rock climbing challenges. Here are some reasons why we love to share our passion for rock climbing:
• Be part of a social community that fosters trust, knowledge sharing, and support
• Stimulate the body and mind and DEVIATE FROM THE ROUTINE
• Climbing is for everybody – continually build skills at any age or ability
• It’s a full-body workout that inspires an active and healthy lifestyle
• Feed your adventure craving in a controlled environment
• Gain sense of accomplishment and build confidence
• Learn patience, perseverance, and inner strength
MESA RIM ROUTE SETTING PHILOSOPHY
Each route is a learning opportunity for not just the climber but a chance for the setter to learn and push their skills – our setting team appreciates there is always something to learn and challenge themselves to further develop their skills. Community feedback helps guide our setters so we stay ahead of the curve with route turnover and keep the rating distribution current with our customers’ needs.
Routes at a glance:
• Routes may range from 5.4-5.14 and boulders from VB-V13
• Each route and boulder problem is labeled with its difficulty level and other notes/details
• Grades are subjective and merely intended as a guide
• We encourage community involvement with route rating consensus
• Route turnover is usually 10-12 weeks and boulders 4-6 weeks (this may be faster at times around special events)
• Climbs have a slash through their tag if they will be stripped soon
• There are about 250-275 routes up at both Mira Mesa and Mission Valley at any given time
NEED THE RIGHT ROCK CLIMBING GEAR TO GET STARTED?
At Mesa Rim, we have an on-site Proshop that offers beginner packages to get you started with climbing right away. Simply ask any of our Front Desk Team Members to help you! We also carry an array of specialty products for climbing, yoga and bodywork.
Mesa Rim believes in selecting vendors that offer quality products and choose companies with eco-conscious business practices whenever possible. We especially believe in supporting local San Diego companies and are open for feedback on what you’d like to see.